About Enapter and what we do:
Enapter is a rapidly-growing energy technology company with offices in Italy, Germany and Thailand. We develop and produce Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) electrolysers that enable low-cost green hydrogen production at any scale.
Enapter’s mission is to make green hydrogen affordable and accessible to all. We are an international team that is united by a common vision and guided by our core principles – Urgency, Simplicity and Transparency. To find out more, please visit our company page (www.enapter.com/about).
We are looking for a Field Commissioning Engineer to join our Enapter Customer Projects Team in Pisa, Italy
If you join our team, you will be responsible for the deployment of our multi-core electrolyser projects from factory acceptance testing up to start-up at customer site. To be a successful Field Commissioning Engineer, you should be able to seamlessly navigate the complexities of organising and carrying out commissioning of complex small scale plants and have good communication skills.
If you are as passionate about changing the world as we are then you are in the right place!
What role will you play in building a green hydrogen future?
- Factory and On-Site Commissioning: Execute the Factory Acceptance Testing, installation, startup, and commissioning of electrolyser systems at various customer sites, coordinate any subcontracted teams involved in the works.
- Testing and Troubleshooting: Program PLC functions, conduct performance tests, diagnose technical issues, and troubleshoot system malfunctions to ensure optimal functionality.
- Documentation and Reporting: Create detailed commissioning procedures, commissioning reports, documenting test results, and any modifications made during the commissioning process.
- Collaboration: Coordinate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, and project management, to ensure smooth deployment and address technical, schedule and budgetary deviations. Provide feedback from commissioning for continuous improvement of our products.
- Customer Support: Provide technical support to customers during the commissioning phase, offering guidance and assistance in operating the electrolyser system.
What do you need to help make our goals a reality?
- First things first: Enthusiasm for the part green hydrogen will play in tomorrow's world and Enapter's role in it
- University degree or equivalent in an Engineering field, ideally Electrical
- At least 2 years proven experience in commissioning, installation, or maintenance of industrial equipment, preferably in the field of electrolysis or similar systems.
- Proficiency in programming and commissioning PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller), HMIs (Human Machine Interface) and Distributed Control Systems
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues, diagnose problems, and implement effective solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with clients, team members, and create comprehensive commissioning reports in English. Italian or German is a plus.
- Willingness to travel and work on-site at various locations, adhering to safety protocols and project timelines.
- Understanding of electrolyser systems, including electrical, mechanical, and control aspects.
Why you’ll look forward to working with us:
- You’ll have the opportunity to help shape the future of energy in one of the most dynamic companies in the hydrogen industry
- The vision and the people: That's what our colleagues say they love the most about Enapter
- We love flat hierarchies and being able to collaborate with each other no matter what your role
- We want you to feel that you’re making a real difference, so you’ll have creative freedom and flexibility in how you work
- Working on an empty stomach is the worst. We offer lunch tickets and have restaurants close by that are affiliated. We also have kitchens with coffee machines to get your coffee fix!
- Optional access to health insurance to cover those unexpected visits to the doctor or specialist and optional access to a pension fund to help support your future savings goals! (In line with the current “C.C.N.L. settore Industria Chimica ” - National Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Chemical Industry sector)
- We want you to feel like part of the crew – because you are! All newcomers get decked out in Enapter merch that has been sustainably selected and sourced
- We celebrate our success together… often! You’ll frequently see snacks and healthy treats in the office
- An exciting working environment at our original R&D and production facility just outside of Pisa
We offer all the basics anyone can expect:
A competitive salary package based on the market and what you bring to the table, paid sick leave for both your physical and mental health and 33.5 days paid leave (including holidays, permissions and ROL) per year.
Think we might be the right fit?
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements we’ve mentioned please still apply! We are always on the lookout for new talent and for those who are passionate about what we do!
We know that diverse groups are more productive and creative! As a company with a focus on R&D and rapidly implementing innovative technology, this is particularly important to us and why we embrace and celebrate diversity. We explicitly welcome any application that brings additional perspectives to Enapter. If you believe that you can draw from your unique background and experiences to bring something new to our team, please tell us about it. We look forward to hearing from you!