About Enapter and what we do:
Enapter is a rapidly-growing energy technology company with offices in Italy, Germany and Thailand. We develop and produce Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) electrolysers that enable low-cost green hydrogen production at any scale.
Enapter’s mission is to make green hydrogen affordable and accessible to all. We are an international team that is united by a common vision and guided by our core principles – Urgency, Simplicity and Transparency. To find out more, please visit our company page (www.enapter.com/about).
We are looking for a detail-oriented Industrial Engineer to monitor our current operations and determine more efficient production processes. The Industrial Engineer's responsibilities include analyzing operations, designing workflows and production processes, reducing inefficiency, and ensuring that final products meet the established quality standards.
To be successful as an Industrial Engineer you should be able to design systems that maximize productivity, reduce wastefulness and production issues, are cost-efficient, and ensure high product quality.
If you are as passionate about changing the world as we are then you are in the right place!
What role will you play in building a green hydrogen future?
- Designing, implementing, and documenting intralogistics, production, and testing processes (involving equipment, times, and resources) that maximize efficiency, reduce wastes, comply with safety requirements and circular economy principles
- Defining infrastructure requirements for production processes
- Scale up and optimize processes (automation, work balance, continuous improvement, kaizen approach), continuously evaluating and updating standard operating procedures to align with industry best practices
- Implementing and documenting catalyst synthesis and coating processes’ improvements, cooperating with R&D and Production departments to ensure smooth integration of changes
- Define machinery maintenance requirements
- Designing control systems to minimize costs and production issues
- Provide technical expertise and support for troubleshooting production issues
- Preparing material and equipment lists, purchase orders, cost analyses, and estimated production costs
- Designing the layout of facilities and determining personnel requirements
- Training staff for new processes and providing instructions and manuals
- Managing process documentation and preparing production reports
What do you need to help make our goals a reality?
- First things first: Enthusiasm for the part green hydrogen will play in tomorrow's world and Enapter's role in it
- Master's degree in chemical or materials engineering, industrial chemistry or related field required
- 2-3 years of work experience
- Advanced knowledge of electrode production machinery, processes, standards, and lean methodologies
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, troubleshooting skills, and attention to detail
- Documentation and organization skills
- Effective communication and collaboration skills for working within cross-functional teams
- Ability to implement and adapt to changes in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in MS Office and P&ID/electrical schemes understanding
- Italian level C1, English level B2/C1
- AutoCAD/Inventor and PLC programming knowledge as a plus
Why you’ll look forward to working with us:
- You’ll have the opportunity to help shape the future of energy in one of the most dynamic companies in the hydrogen industry
- The vision and the people: That's what our colleagues say they love the most about Enapter
- We love flat hierarchies and being able to collaborate with each other no matter what your role
- We want you to feel that you’re making a real difference, so you’ll have creative freedom and flexibility in how you work
- Working on an empty stomach is the worst. We offer lunch tickets and have restaurants close by that are affiliated. We also have kitchens with coffee machines to get your coffee fix!
- Optional access to health insurance to cover those unexpected visits to the doctor or specialist and optional access to a pension fund to help support your future savings goals! (In line with the current “C.C.N.L. settore Industria Chimica ” - National Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Chemical Industry sector)
- We want you to feel like part of the crew – because you are! All newcomers get decked out in Enapter merch that has been sustainably selected and sourced
- We celebrate our success together… often! You’ll frequently see snacks and healthy treats in the office
- An exciting working environment at our original R&D and production facility just outside of Pisa
We offer all the basics anyone can expect:
A competitive salary package based on the market and what you bring to the table, paid sick leave for both your physical and mental health and 33.5 days paid leave (including holidays, permissions and ROL) per year.
Think we might be the right fit?
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements we’ve mentioned please still apply! We are always on the lookout for new talent and for those who are passionate about what we do!
We know that diverse groups are more productive and creative! As a company with a focus on R&D and rapidly implementing innovative technology, this is particularly important to us and why we embrace and celebrate diversity. We explicitly welcome any application that brings additional perspectives to Enapter. If you believe that you can draw from your unique background and experiences to bring something new to our team, please tell us about it. We look forward to hearing from you!