About Enapter and what we do:
Enapter is a rapidly-growing energy technology company with offices in Italy, Germany and Thailand. We develop and produce Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) electrolysers that enable low-cost green hydrogen production at any scale.
Enapter’s mission is to make green hydrogen affordable and accessible to all. We are an international team that is united by a common vision and guided by our core principles – Urgency, Simplicity and Transparency. To find out more, please visit our company page (www.enapter.com/about).
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Enapter Customer Projects Team in Pisa. If you join our team, you will be an integral part of the customization and deployment of our Multi-core and integrated Single-core solutions. Be ready for a dynamic environment with a wide range of technical challenges!
If you are as passionate about changing the world as we are then you are in the right place!
What role will you play in building a green hydrogen future?
- Mechanical customization of Multicore designs adapted to customer specifications
- Design, development, and validation of integrated EL4.0 solutions
- Creation and management of 3D models and 2D drawings
- Creation of piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID)
- Analysis and selection of equipment and material, manufacturing processes to optimise performance and cost of single-core integration and Multicore builds
- Design reviews of mechanical parts and assemblies
- Prepare engineering calculations, specifications and other technical documentation
- Creation and management of BOM in our ERP system (MS Dynamics)
- Support Design, Customer Projects, Sales, Servicing, Quality, HSE and Purchasing teams
What do you need to help make our goals a reality?
- First things first: Enthusiasm for the part green hydrogen will play in tomorrow's world and Enapter's role in it
- Master’s degree in aerospace/mechanical engineering or equivalent field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a mechanical design engineer role
- Good knowledge of skid packages design, materials, P&IDs and plant components
- Experience in using CAD software (Autodesk Inventor or similar) and EDMS (Autodesk Vault or similar)
- You know your way around MS Office comfortably (especially Excel)
- You are solutions focused when it comes to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills in English and Italian are a must, German a plus
- Experience in weld assembly design, plant and piping design would be considered a plus
Why you’ll look forward to working with us:
- You’ll have the opportunity to help shape the future of energy in one of the most dynamic companies in the hydrogen industry
- The vision and the people: That's what our colleagues say they love the most about Enapter
- We love flat hierarchies and being able to collaborate with each other no matter what your role
- We want you to feel that you’re making a real difference, so you’ll have creative freedom and flexibility in how you work
- Working on an empty stomach is the worst. We offer lunch tickets and have restaurants close by that are affiliated. We also have kitchens with coffee machines to get your coffee fix!
- Optional access to health insurance to cover those unexpected visits to the doctor or specialist and optional access to a pension fund to help support your future savings goals! (In line with the current “C.C.N.L. settore Industria Chimica ” - National Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Chemical Industry sector)
- Every new team member gets a slice of the pie… we offer stock options to all new hires, and also for exceptional performance
- We want you to feel like part of the crew – because you are! All newcomers get decked out in Enapter merch that has been sustainably selected and sourced
- We celebrate our success together… often! You’ll frequently see snacks and healthy treats in the office
- An exciting working environment at our original R&D and production facility just outside of Pisa
We offer all the basics anyone can expect:
A competitive salary package based on the market and what you bring to the table, paid sick leave for both your physical and mental health and 33.5 days paid leave (including holidays, permissions and ROL) per year.
Think we might be the right fit?
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements we’ve mentioned please still apply! We are always on the lookout for new talent and for those who are passionate about what we do!
We know that diverse groups are more productive and creative! As a company with a focus on R&D and rapidly implementing innovative technology, this is particularly important to us and why we embrace and celebrate diversity. We explicitly welcome any application that brings additional perspectives to Enapter. If you believe that you can draw from your unique background and experiences to bring something new to our team, please tell us about it. We look forward to hearing from you!