About Enapter and what we do:
Enapter is a rapidly-growing energy technology company with offices in Italy, Germany and Thailand. We develop and produce Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) electrolysers that enable low-cost green hydrogen production at any scale.
Enapter’s mission is to make green hydrogen affordable and accessible to all. We are an international team that is united by a common vision and guided by our core principles – Urgency, Simplicity and Transparency. To find out more, please visit our company page (www.enapter.com/about).
We are looking for an E&I Engineer to join our Enapter Customer Projects Team in Pisa. If you join our multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for E&I topics, supporting the design of multi-core electrolyser systems and the integration of single-core electrolyser systems from design to field deployment.
If you are as passionate about changing the world as we are then you are in the right place!
What role will you play in building a green hydrogen future?
- You will ensure all aspects of the engineering design effort under your responsibility (design calculations, drawings, specifications and technical reviews) are delivered on time, and fit for purpose for project and business requirements.
- Design E&I systems and modify electrical installation details, one-line diagrams, panel layouts, cable and consumer lists.
- Review E&I Design Engineering from our development team and from vendors such as calculations, cable schedules,
- Block diagrams, Motor sizing, Switchboard design, Layouts etc. from the development team and from vendors.
- Retrieve information to complete drawing, layout and design including technical specifications.
- Support a multidisciplinary team on E&I matters across the entire lifecycle.
- Develop best practice working procedures to support E&I developments.
- Participate in several minor projects simultaneously.
What do you need to help make our goals a reality?
- First things first: Enthusiasm for the part green hydrogen will play in tomorrow's world and Enapter's role in it
- University degree in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 5 years’ demonstrated experience in LV Electrical, Instrumentation & Control Systems design, engineering, maintenance and/or project implementation and commissioning in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or Chemical industries.
- Solid knowledge and capability in using AutoCAD and EPLAN.
- Basic understanding of DCS, PLC, SCADA and network systems.
- Knowledge of international codes and standards, best practice and the applicable statutory requirements with respect to electrical systems and instrumentation systems.
- Ability to learn concepts and technical details of complex systems.
- Ability to work independently, accepting ownership of assigned responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills in English is a must, Italian and/or German is a plus
- Knowledge of process and/or piping disciplines is a plus.
Why you’ll look forward to working with us:
- You’ll have the opportunity to help shape the future of energy in one of the most dynamic companies in the hydrogen industry
- The vision and the people: That's what our colleagues say they love the most about Enapter
- We love flat hierarchies and being able to collaborate with each other no matter what your role
- We want you to feel that you’re making a real difference, so you’ll have creative freedom and flexibility in how you work
- Working on an empty stomach is the worst. We offer lunch tickets and have restaurants close by that are affiliated. We also have kitchens with coffee machines to get your coffee fix!
- Optional access to health insurance to cover those unexpected visits to the doctor or specialist and optional access to a pension fund to help support your future savings goals! (In line with the current “C.C.N.L. settore Industria Chimica ” - National Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Chemical Industry sector)
- Every new team member gets a slice of the pie… we offer stock options to all new hires, and also for exceptional performance
- We want you to feel like part of the crew – because you are! All newcomers get decked out in Enapter merch that has been sustainably selected and sourced
- We celebrate our success together… often! You’ll frequently see snacks and healthy treats in the office
- An exciting working environment at our original R&D and production facility just outside of Pisa
We offer all the basics anyone can expect:
A competitive salary package based on the market and what you bring to the table, paid sick leave for both your physical and mental health and 33.5 days paid leave (including holidays, permissions and ROL) per year.
Think we might be the right fit?
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements we’ve mentioned please still apply! We are always on the lookout for new talent and for those who are passionate about what we do!
We know that diverse groups are more productive and creative! As a company with a focus on R&D and rapidly implementing innovative technology, this is particularly important to us and why we embrace and celebrate diversity. We explicitly welcome any application that brings additional perspectives to Enapter. If you believe that you can draw from your unique background and experiences to bring something new to our team, please tell us about it. We look forward to hearing from you!