Enapter is a unique, fast growing and award-winning electrolyser manufacturer on a mission to replace fossil fuels with green hydrogen. We’re a big international team, driven and united by a common vision and guided by our core principles – urgency, simplicity and transparency. To learn about our plan to help flip global warming, please read the Enapter Whitepaper. If it thrills you as much as it thrills us, this position might be for you.
Our team is growing fast and currently we are looking for a brilliant Chemist to join our R&D team. In this role, you will investigate and optimize our scale-up process to make sure we are ready to ramp up our production and make green hydrogen accessible to all. Enapter’s team is made up of extraordinarily creative, motivated, and talented individuals working in a friendly yet challenging environment.. Innovative quick thinking is part of our everyday life, and we love to realize and test new ideas. Does this sound like you?
- Perform and optimise chemical reactions to synthesize Enapter catalysts on a semi-industrial scale (100 – 10,000 g).
- Investigate key reaction parameters such as addition rate, pH, kinetics, mass and heat transport
- Characterize the catalysts made using a wide variety of techniques (ICP, XRD, DLS, Laser Diffraction, BET, SEM, RDE)
- Interact with fellow Chemists and Engineers to evaluate results and write reports
- Participate in R&D Chemistry group meetings, special projects and the overall scale-up of Enapter’s chemical production capacity
- First things first: Enthusiasm for the part green hydrogen will play in tomorrow's world and Enapter's role in it
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 1-2 years of academic or industrial work experience in the scale-up of solution-based chemical processes to a semi-industrial scale (100 – 10,000 g).
- Project management and research skills, including attention to detail
- You like collaborating in a team in a dynamic work environment
- Fluent English; basic Italian and/or German a bonus
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Willingness to travel between Pisa and Saerbeck (Germany) on an occasional basis
- The opportunity to help shape the future of energy in one of the most dynamic companies in the hydrogen industry
- An exciting working environment at our original R&D and production facility just outside of Pisa
- The opportunity to relocate to Saerbeck (Germany) after completion of the first phases of the project, to contribute scaling up our mass production
- A market-oriented compensation package
- Lots of responsibility and creative freedom
- Truly flat hierarchies and great, green colleagues
We know that diverse groups drive progress faster. As a company with focus on R&D, this is particularly important to us and why we embrace and celebrate diversity. We explicitly welcome any application that brings additional perspectives to Enapter. So, if you believe that you can draw from your unique background and experiences to add new perspectives to our team, please tell us about this. We look forward to hearing from you!